Monday, June 16, 2008

Starting Over!!!

So!!! It has been roughly a year and a half since I last updated my sorry excuse for a blog. When my sister-in-law was here for Eliza's baby blessing she asked to see it and she told me, in the kindest way possible, that it needed a lot of help. We are living in Georgia close to my family so I guess I just figured I didn't need to worry about it anymore. Then I realized that there are so many people that I keep up with through reading their blogs. As for Brandon and I, we are living in Georgia. We applied for medical school and unfortunately were not accepted to any of the schools that we applied to this year. After my bitterness about the whole situation wore off, and I was able to think rationally again, we remembered the feelings that we had when decided to apply the first time... And soooooo we are reapplying. Waiting to find out whether or not you got in the first time was bad enough... Imagine doing it twice. Needless to say this was not what we ever expected life to deal us but like one of my favorite county singers so eloquently put it,

That's the way it is, you've got to roll with the punches.
That's the way it goes, you've got to bend when the wind blows.
You live you learn, you crash and burn.
It's hit or miss and thats the way it is.

For now we are staying in Georgia and Brandon is working as a chemist at the CDC in Atlanta. We have two super cute little girls and are trying to make the best out of this waiting period. And so this is the beginning of a long and prosperous blog.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

YEAH!! I hope you will keep up with this! Now to get the Ekmans going on a blog.... :)